To deliver effective treatment and recovery services based on proven steps to help people suffering from alcoholism, drug addiction and related mental health issues.
Our Vision for a Successful Future…
- Lasting Recovery
- Commendable Results
- Collaborative Relationships
- Exceptional Board Governance
- State-of-the-Industry Facilities
- Performance with Fulfillment
- Committed Volunteers
- Funding Strength
- Foundation Support
In 1978, the founders opened the doors to one of Jacksonville’s greatest non-profits, Gateway. Forty years ago, this group of recovering alcoholics wanted their “miracle of sobriety,” which was achieved through the success of 12 Step recovery and treatment brought to the Jacksonville community for those suffering from addiction, especially those without means to pay. They had an overwhelming will to heal, and so they found the way. Gateway was founded by people in recovery for people seeking recovery.
Today, Gateway has become a recognized leader in the treatment of addictive disorders for adults, adolescents and veterans, touching the lives of over 300,000 people in treatment and prevention services.
Northeast Florida’s Most Comprehensive, Successful & Accredited Non-Profit Behavioral Health Facility
- Recognized Go-To Leader in the Treatment of Addictive Diseases
- Medical Director is a Psychiatrist in Addictionology
- CEO is a PhD and Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) specializing in addiction
- Four- star on-site early learning program (ranking by Early Learning Coalition of Duval)
- 24-hour Medical Detox Center eliminates need for hospital ER
- Staff of 200 comprising of MDs, PAs, RNs, Licensed Mental Health Counselors and Licensed Social Workers, BA and MA Certified Addiction Professionals, and BA and MA level counselors
- Accredited by CARF
- Received 5 Best Practices from DCF/FADAA for programs to treat homeless with Substance Abuse Disorders, Pregnant and Postpartum Women Seeking Recovery and Recovery Support Services
- Qualified Research Center for NIDA Clinical Trials Network
- Local Affiliate & Trainer for NIDA Child Traumatic Stress Network