ADOLESCENT RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (FT)
POSITION CONTROL NUMBER: 0847
LOCATION: 940 & 920 Bridier Street
WORK HOURS: 40 hours non-exempt
Provide both direct and indirect services to clients in a multidisciplinary treatment team. Must demonstrate competencies in client population served.
- Ensure quality internal and external customer care and service.
- Provide assessments for all eligible clients.
- Provide suicide risk screening and make recommendations.
- Ensure completeness and timeliness of clinical documents and administrative forms (SISARS, SAL’s, and Enrollment Forms) to include credentialing.
- Demonstrate flexibility as a team member and promote a positive working environment.
- Make an attempt to contact the parent/guardian of each client to gather corroborating information, if applicable
- Perform special projects and other Agency related assignments as requested.
- Conduct individual and group counseling, as well as possible family sessions
- Complete all required treatment plans, progress notes and chart paperwork.
- Collaborate with treatment team to monitor client overall progress
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field with 2 years’ experience in the field of substance abuse and mental health treatment, Master’s degree preferred, current license or CAP a plus. Incumbent must have the ability to engage critical thinking and ability to formulate professional clinical reports. They must have the ability to help with problem area without being overly critical.
- Must be able to pass a level II DCF background screening
- Ability to relate to adolescents, adults, families, referral sources and internal Gateway Team Members and must possess requisite competencies to effectively understand and provide appropriate services to the patient population served.
- Ability to maintain positive team approach
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment under stress situations
- Must have knowledge of the 12 step recovery process
- GAIN trained preferred
- Must possess strong group counseling skills
- Must be able to complete required documentation of services within established timeframes and completeness