ADOLESCENT OP COUNSELOR (FT)
POSITION CONTROL NUMBER: 0854
LOCATION: 940 & 920 Bridier Street
WORK HOURS: 40 hours non-exempt
This is a professional position in which the incumbent will provide both direct and indirect services working with a multidisciplinary treatment team. The incumbent must demonstrate competencies in population of substance abuse and mental health adolescent patients. Incumbent will provide individualized assessments and make referrals to appropriate substance abuse or mental health treatment provider. Incumbent will provide a suicide risk assessment screening and make appropriate recommendations. Incumbent will make attempts to contact parents/guardian of each client to gather collaborating information. Conduct individual assessments, individual and group therapy sessions this may include providing services at locations assigned by supervisor or manager. This position will require someone with above average computer skills and the ability to become an expert in the use of our electronic system AVATAR. This incumbent will ensure completeness and timeliness of clinical documents and administrative forms (Forms are in AVATAR system). This position requires someone who is very flexible as a team member and can promote a positive work environment.
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field with 2 years’ experience in the field of substance abuse and mental health treatment, Master’s degree preferred, current license or CAP a plus. Incumbent must have the ability to engage critical thinking and ability to formulate professional clinical reports. They must have the ability to help with problem area without being overly critical.
- Must be able to pass a level II DCF background screening
- Ability to relate to adolescents, adults, families, referral sources and internal Gateway Team Members and must possess requisite competencies to effectively understand and provide appropriate services to the patient population served.
- Ability to maintain positive team approach
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment under stress situations
- Must have knowledge of the 12 step recovery process
- GAIN trained preferred
- Must possess strong group counseling skills
- Must be able to complete required documentation of services within established timeframes and completeness