POSITION CONTROL NUMBER: 0848
DEPARTMENT: ALUMNI HOUSE & INDEPENDENT VILLAGE
900 BRIDIER STREET
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32206
WORK HOURS: FT/NON EXEMPT
This is a professional position as part of a multidisciplinary team of Gateway Community Services, Inc., serving at Alumni House and Independence Village on the Wally Green Recovery Campus. Specifically, our mission focuses on providing a safe haven of supportive, transitional, and permanent housing for persons who have a need and sincere desire to live a life free of alcohol and drugs.
The incumbent will serve as a team member providing both direct and indirect services to individuals and the on-campus community, to include interview and assessment of applicants and degree of “fit” with our programs; development of targeted individualized care and recovery plans; and; facilitating linkage to internal and external resources to develop and internalize successful skills and recovery strategies.
As part of the team, this position may require working in a variety of settings sometimes outside of a normal work schedule.
Incumbent must possess a Bachelor’s degree in related field and 2 year experience in the case management of behavioral health and substance abuse disorders. Incumbent must have a valid state of Florida driver’s license with a safe driving record. Must be able to pass an agency driving test and be approved by our agency insurance company for driving company vehicles.
- Must be able to pass a level II DCF background screening
- Must be able to perform assigned work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to relate to adolescents, adults, families, referral sources and internal Gateway Team Members and must possess requisite competencies to effectively understand and provide appropriate services to the client population served
- Ability to maintain positive team approach
- Must have knowledge of the 12 step recovery process
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Must be able to complete required documentation of services within established timeframes and completeness