POSITION CONTROL NUMBER: 0994
DEPARTMENT: Healthy Safe & Sober Program (HSS)
LOCATION: 555 STOCKTON STREET
WORK HOURS: 40 HOURS PER WEEK/NON EXEMPT
This is a professional position and as a part of the HSS (Healthy, Safe & Sober) Grant, the incumbent will provides both direct and indirect services to patients in a multidisciplinary treatment team, working in a variety of settings outside of a normal work schedule. HSS services are provided to 18 to 29 year old men who are racial and/or ethnic minorities, who have sex with men (MSM). Health Promotions services are provided to individuals who are HIV positive. The incumbent will provide essential and core case management functions including effective linkages into services and to other service providers and networking for persons who are HIV positive, who have AIDS or who are at risk of become HIV positive, and individuals who are at risk of contracting hepatitis or who have hepatitis. Performs screening, pre- and post-test counseling, rapid HIV testing, linkages into substance use disorder treatment services and sexually transmitted/infectious disease screening and linkages for hepatitis testing. Incumbent will provide sexually transmitted disease prevention services, education, outreach, patient tracking and other case management functions on a routine and daily basis. Transportation services will be provided as needed. Effectively engaging potential patients and linking them into treatment services is possibly the most critical service provided for both projects.
Incumbent must possess a Bachelor’s degree in related field and 2 year experience in the case management of behavioral health and substance abuse disorders; HIV/AIDS 500/501 Certification from the Florida Department of Health; Clearview Complete Rapid HIV Testing Certification and Orasure Rapid HCV Testing Certification. Incumbent must have a valid state of Florida driver’s license with a safe driving record. Must be able to pass an agency driving test and be approved by our agency insurance company for driving company vehicles.
- Must be able to pass a level II DCF background screening
- Must be able to perform assigned work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to relate to adolescents, adults, families, referral sources and internal Gateway Team Members and must possess requisite competencies to effectively understand and provide appropriate services to the client population served
- Ability to maintain positive team approach
- Must have knowledge of the 12 step recovery process
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Must be able to complete required documentation of services within established timeframes and completeness