POSITION CONTROL NUMBER: 0955
DEPARTMENT: ADULT OUTPATIENT SERVICES
LOCATION: 555 STOCKTON STREET
WORK HOURS: 40 WEEK/NON EXEMPT
This is a professional position in which the incumbent will provide both direct and indirect services working with a multidisciplinary team to address the patients’ needs related to homelessness prevention and trauma services. The incumbent must demonstrate competencies in population of substance abuse and mental health patients. Incumbent will facilitate wraparound services and care coordination to individuals with a history of trauma, substance use, co-occurring disorders, and homelessness. Incumbent will complete orientations and other intake administrative forms. Incumbent will attend, provide and/or coordinate various education, training, consultation, and policy development for the program and the organization, as requested. Incumbent may be scheduled to work in-home and in the community providing services to pregnant and postpartum women, mothers, and fathers. Incumbent will attend trainings and meetings as requested. Assists the Program Manager and Director of Adult Outpatient Services as needed. This position requires some evening and weekend work.
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field with 2 years’ experience in the field of substance abuse and mental health treatment. Incumbent must have the ability to engage in critical thinking and ability to formulate professional reports. They must have the ability to help with problem area without being overly critical. This position will require the incumbent to drive to various locations so they must have a valid state of Florida driver’s license with safe driving record based on the organization’s insurance company. Be able to pass an organization driving test to drive a company vehicle to transport patients as needed.
- Must be able to pass a level II DCF background screening
- Ability to relate to adults, families, other providers, and internal Gateway Team Members and must possess requisite competencies to effectively understand and provide appropriate services to the patient population served.
- Ability to maintain a positive team approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under stressful situations
- Must have knowledge of the 12 step recovery process
- Must be able to complete required documentation of services within established timeframes