COUNSELOR – CSC
POSITION CONTROL NUMBER: 0945
3333 WEST 20TH STREET
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32254
WORK HOURS: 40 per week/Exempt
This is a professional position in which the incumbent will provide both direct and indirect services working with a multidisciplinary team to address the patients’ needs. The incumbent must demonstrate competencies in population of substance abuse and mental health patients. Incumbent will facilitate evidenced based psycho-educational and/or counseling groups including but not limited to: identifying and recovery from substance use disorders, emotional and interpersonal regulation skills, distress tolerance skills, relapse prevention, anger management, building supports and 12 step programs, etc. Incumbent will complete orientations and other intake administrative forms. Incumbent will provide in-depth clinical assessment (Bio-Psychosocial or GAIN assessments), diagnosis of clinical conditions, individualized treatment plans, treatment plan reviews, and discharge planning. Incumbent will attend, provide and/or coordinate various education, training, consultation, and policy development for the program and the agency, as requested. Incumbent will be scheduled to work in the adult outpatient substance abuse treatment program at MHRC that provide services to adults with co-occurring behavioral health needs. The incumbent will assist with initiating Baker acts as needed. Incumbent will attend meetings as requested. Assists the Substance Use Lead Coordinator as needed. This position requires some evening work.
Must possess a Master’s degree with experience working with substance abuse and mental health patients; current license or CAP a plus. Incumbent must have the ability to engage critical thinking and ability to formulate professional clinical reports. They must have the ability to help with problem area without being overly critical.
- Must be able to pass a level II DCF background screening
- Ability to relate to adolescents, adults, families, referral sources and internal Gateway Team Members and must possess requisite competencies to effectively understand and provide appropriate services to the patient population served.
- Ability to maintain positive team approach
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment under stress situations
- Must have knowledge of the 12 step recovery process
- GAIN trained preferred
- Must possess strong group counseling skills
- Must be able to complete required documentation of services within established timeframes and completeness