POSITION CONTROL NUMBER: 0229
DEPARTMENT: KIDS SUCCESS CENTER
LOCATION: 555 STOCKTON STREET
WORK HOURS: 40 HOURS PER WEEK/NON EXEMPT
This will provide proper developmental, guidance and activities for children aging from newborn to eleven years of age, in a safe, healthy environment. Incumbent will assist the children in play activities to promote growth. Incumbent will ensure that quality customer service both internal and external is met. Incumbent must provide nurturing and loving care to all children in the Kids Success Center of all ages. Incumbent will be required to lift children out of cribs and on to changing tables for diaper changes. This position will require incumbent to distribute formula, diapers and food. Incumbent will assist in planning lessons for all age groups and follow developmentally appropriate guidelines. Incumbent will help to maintain a clean environment by wiping down surfaces on a regular basis and will be required to vacuum, sweep, mop, change beds, and sterilize toys. Incumbent will be required to do laundry, ensuring proper washing drying and folding of clothing and linens as needed. This position will require proper communication and interactions with parents. Incumbent will participate in all staff meetings and required training sessions and will comply with rules and regulations related to child-care. Incumbent may be asked to perform special projects and other agency related assignments as requested. This position requires someone who is able to demonstrate proper judgment and decision making skills
Incumbent must have a high school diploma or equivalent with no less than 20 hours of DCF training and working towards the 40 total hours.
- Must be able to pass a level II DCF background screening
- Knowledgeable in the behaviors of addicted personalities
- Must have above average communication skills both internal and external
- Familiar with behavior modification methods
- Informed concerning abuse reporting
- Must abide by Agencies Code of Ethics, Agency Standards, Policy and Procedure Manual
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Must have the ability to move throughout the facility constantly without limitations
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs.
- Knowledge of nutrition, health, behavior management, child development, special needs children