POSITION: CHILD CARE WORKER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF WOMEN & CHILDRENS SERVICES
To provide proper developmental guidance and activities for children aging from newborn to eleven years of age, in a safe, healthy environment. Assist the children in play activities to promote growth. To appropriately interact and inform parents in areas of child development.
- Ensure quality internal and external customer care and service.
- Provide nurturing, loving care to children ages 0 to eleven years of age.
- Lift children out of cribs and on to changing table. (30 lb.)
- Change diapers and feed toddlers.
- Maintain a clean environment (vacuum, sweep, mop, change beds, sterilize toys, and take laundry to laundry room).
- Plan lessons for all age groups, and follow developmentally appropriate guidelines.
- Interact with parents and provide feedback concerning their children.
- Participate in staff meetings and required training sessions.
- Distribute formula, diapers and food.
- Order necessary supplies.
- Set an example of proper child care skills.
- Comply with rules and regulations related to child-care
- Perform special projects and other Agency related assignments as requested.
- Demonstrate proper judgment & decision making skills.
- Must pass required background investigation.
- Must complete all required training.
- Must abide by Agency’s Code of Ethics, Agency Standards, Policy and Procedures Manuals.
- Must practice universal precautions as part of regular job duties whenever applicable.
- Timely and regularly complete all required documentation, reports, and other Agency related paperwork.
- Must be able to successfully complete the agency’s internal driving test within the first two weeks of employment.
- Strict adherence to the Incident (Unusual Event) Reporting, timekeeping, and work attendance requirements.
- Must be able to perform assigned work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to function as an effective team member.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Ensure safe operating conditions within the area of responsibility.
- Must not engage in behaviors that erode the cohesiveness of the program staff.