POSITION: CHILD CARE WORKER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF WOMEN & CHILDRENS SERVICES
To provide proper developmental guidance and activities for children aging from newborn to eleven years of age, in a safe, healthy environment. Assist the children in play activities to promote growth. To appropriately interact and inform parents in areas of child development.
- Ensure quality internal and external customer care and service.
- Provide nurturing, loving care to children ages 0 to eleven years of age.
- Lift children out of cribs and on to changing table. (30 lb.)
- Change diapers and feed toddlers.
- Maintain a clean environment (vacuum, sweep, mop, change beds, sterilize toys, and take laundry to laundry room).
- Plan lessons for all age groups, and follow developmentally appropriate guidelines.
- Interact with parents and provide feedback concerning their children.
- Participate in staff meetings and required training sessions.
- Distribute formula, diapers and food.
- Order necessary supplies.
- Set an example of proper child care skills.
- Comply with rules and regulations related to child-care
- Perform special projects and other Agency related assignments as requested.
- Demonstrate proper judgment & decision making skills.
- Must pass required background investigation.
- Must complete all required training.
- Must abide by Agency’s Code of Ethics, Agency Standards, Policy and Procedures Manuals.
- Must practice universal precautions as part of regular job duties whenever applicable.
- Timely and regularly complete all required documentation, reports, and other Agency related paperwork.
- Must be able to successfully complete the agency’s internal driving test within the first two weeks of employment.
- Strict adherence to the Incident (Unusual Event) Reporting, timekeeping, and work attendance requirements.
- Must be able to perform assigned work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to function as an effective team member.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Ensure safe operating conditions within the area of responsibility.
- Must not engage in behaviors that erode the cohesiveness of the program staff.
Gateway Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gateway Community Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Submit Resume below