Assistant Director of Nursing (DON)
LOCATION: 555 STOCKTON STREET JACKSONVILLE, FL 32204
A currently competent Registered Nurse with preferably with a BSN who, in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer, performs a variety of supervisory and professional nursing duties. The employee in this position is directly responsible for, and competent to provide, overall nursing management of the Detoxification Unit/Adult Addictions Receiving Facilities, Residential facility and adolescent residential departments.
The Assistant Director of Nursing aids the DON in supporting staff, helps in administrating the resources of the Detoxification/ARF’s, helps with develops staffing, assist in scheduling and coordinating care to ensure the best possible client outcomes.
- Ensure quality internal and external customer care and service.
- Maintain working relationship with Staff Medical Director & other assigned medical staff & Pharmacist.
- Develop the budget for all grant project-related activities and expenditures.
- Write and prepare final grant application.
- Ensure adherence to all guidelines and deadlines.
- Identify agencies and community organizations relevant to grant project.
- Must pass required background investigation.
- Must complete all required training.
- Must abide by Agency’s Code of Ethics, Agency Standards, Policy and Procedures Manuals.
- Must meet in a regular and timely manner and complete all required documentation..
- Must have superior organizational skills.
- Must be able to perform assigned work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must adhere to strict Incident Reporting, timekeeping, and work attendance requirements.
- Must not engage in behaviors that erode the cohesiveness of the program staff, immediate co-workers and client relations.
Gateway Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gateway Community Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.