POSITION CONTROL NUMBER: PCN #0499
DEPARTMENT: FAMILY INTERVENTION SERVICES
LOCATION: 5920 ARLINGTON EXPRESSWAY, JAX., FL. 32211
WORK HOURS: 40 HOURS PER WEEK/EXEMPT
This is a professional position in which the incumbent will provide assessment and referral services and as well as in-home interventions targeted to families with open Department of Children and Family cases. The incumbent will act as a liaison between Gateway and the child welfare staff in District IV. The incumbent will act as a resource to the child welfare staff, providing information, education and assistance as/where needed. This position will require someone with the ability to network with local agencies in support of work performed in conjunction with the child welfare staff. The incumbent will work as a representative of Gateway to DCF, outside agencies and referral sources as well as to community leaders. The incumbent will provide in-home intervention level substance use services as well as substance use assessment and referral services. Incumbent will be required to learn and use the agencies electronic heath records system (AVATAR) for documentation of services provided as well as the state child welfare reporting system (FSFN).
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in human services or related field. Incumbent must have a valid state of Florida driver’s license with safe driving record and able to complete agency driving test. They must also have their own reliable transportation to provide Outreach and Intervention services.
- Must be able to pass a level II DCF background screening
- Ability to perform substance abuse treatment
- Ability to maintain positive team approach
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment under stressful situations
- Must have knowledge of the 12 step recovery process
- Ability to relate and present to individuals and groups
- Must be able to complete required documentation of services within established timeframes and completeness