FIT CASE MANAGER
POSITION CONTROL NUMBER: 0000
DEPARTMENT: FAMILY INTENSIVE TREATMENT TEAM
555 STOCKTON STREET
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32204
WORK HOURS: 40 per week/Non Exempt
This is a professional position in which the incumbent will provide both direct and indirect services working with a multidisciplinary team to address the patients’ needs. The incumbent must demonstrate competencies in population of substance abuse and mental health patients. Incumbent will facilitate wraparound services and care coordination to individuals involved in the child welfare system. Incumbent will complete orientations and other intake administrative forms. Incumbent will attend, provide and/or coordinate various education, training, consultation, and policy development for the program and the agency, as requested. Incumbent will be scheduled to work in-home providing services to individuals and families with unsafe/high-risk child abuse cases. Incumbent will demonstrate ability to participate as a provider in developing and implementing an in-home safety plan. Incumbent will attend sessions and meetings as requested. Assists the Program Manager and Director of Child Welfare Services as needed. This position requires some evening and weekend work, as well as on-call services.
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field with 2 years’ experience in the field of substance abuse and mental health treatment. Incumbent must have the ability to engage critical thinking and ability to formulate professional clinical reports. They must have the ability to help with problem area without being overly critical.
- Must be able to pass a level II DCF background screening
- Ability to relate to adults, families, child welfare agencies, and internal Gateway Team Members and must possess requisite competencies to effectively understand and provide appropriate services to the patient population served.
- Ability to maintain positive team approach
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment under stress situations
- Must have knowledge of the 12 step recovery process
- Must be able to complete required documentation of services within established timeframes and completeness
Gateway Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gateway Community Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.