FITT Aftercare Clinician
Position Control Number: 0985
Location: 555 Stockton St
Work Hours: 40/Exempt
This is a professional position in which the incumbent will provide both direct and indirect services working with a multidisciplinary team to address the needs of patients who are currently or recently involved with Child Welfare services in the community. The incumbent must demonstrate competencies in population of substance abuse and mental health patients. Incumbent will provide aftercare services individually in home, via telehealth, and group services as required. The incumbent will be responsible for creating relapse prevention plans and discharge planning. The incumbent will be responsible for on-going assessment and determination of increased treatment needs on a case by case basis. The incumbent will provide some case management services as needed. Incumbent will attend, provide and/or coordinate various education, training, consultation, and policy development for the program and the agency, as requested. Incumbent will attend meetings and case consultations as requested. This position has a variable schedule and requires flexibility and some evening work.
Must possess a Master’s degree in human services or related field with minimum 2 years’ experience in the field of substance abuse and mental health treatment; Registered Intern preferred, CAP a plus. Certification or advanced training in evidence-based treatment modalities a plus. Incumbent must have the ability to engage critical thinking and ability to formulate professional clinical reports. They must have the ability to help with problem area without being overly critical.
- Must be able to pass a level II DCF background screening
- Must be able to recognize and respond to emergencies and life threatening situations in an appropriate manner
- Ability to relate to adolescents, adults, families, referral sources and internal Gateway Team Members and must possess requisite competencies to effectively understand and provide appropriate services to the patient population served.
- Ability to maintain positive team approach
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment under stressful situations
- Must have knowledge of the 12 step recovery process
- Must have knowledge of Child Welfare and Domestic Violence
- Must possess strong group counseling skills
- Must be willing to work with patients who have co-occurring disorders or are receiving medication-assisted treatment