Gateway is proud to be a recognized leader in addiction treatment for adults and adolescents in the Northeast Florida region. Since 1978, Gateway has been committed to providing compassionate services to those lost in the despair of addiction.
This position provides both direct and indirect services to clients in a multidisciplinary treatment team. Services provided include screenings, assessments, orientation, treatment planning, case management, discharge planning, and individual and group therapy. Demonstrate competencies in client population served. Provide regular feedback to other members of the treatment team. Assist Adult Outpatient Manager and Director of Outpatient Services as needed.
- Ensure quality internal and external customer care and service.
- Provide screening and assessments that meet requirements of private insurance and make treatment recommendations.
- Provide referrals to other programs or to outside providers to ensure that patient needs are addressed.
- Provide orientation, assessment, treatment planning, individual and group therapy, case management, and discharge planning services according to insurance and DCF licensing guidelines and document all services according to organizational policies and procedures.
- Provide substance abuse and co-occurring group counseling to patients as scheduled.
- Implement evidence-based practices to model fidelity in all clinical services.
- Ensure that all clinical documents and administrative forms are complete in the electronic health record and are submitted within timeframes.
- Ensure that all documents are completed according to funding source requirements, including Medicaid and insurance requirements.
- Provide individual and family counseling to patients as needed and in line with funding source requirements.
- Track patient attendance to ensure that patients do not exceed authorized sessions.
- Provide required information for concurrent reviews.
- Demonstrate flexibility as a team member and promote a positive working environment.
- Make an attempt to contact family or other community supports of each client to gather corroborating information.
- Participate in monthly clinical peer reviews.
- Participate in clinical case consultation regarding patients’ progress in treatment and appropriate clinical interventions for each individual.
- Meet or exceed monthly productivity goals as set by the organization.
- Attend Medical Staffing with the Chief Medical Officer as needed.
- Perform special projects and other organization-related assignments as requested.
- Assist on Gateway Connect phone screenings or other program components as requested.
- When requested, complete suicide/homicide risk assessments and the Baker Act process when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must pass required background investigation.
- Must complete all required training.
- Must provide excellent customer service to patients, family members, organization staff, and all other stakeholders.
- Must abide by organization’s Code of Ethics, organization standards, policy and procedures manuals, and standard operating procedures.
- Must practice universal precautions as part of regular job duties whenever applicable.
- Must possess competencies required to effectively understand and deal with population served, including working with patients receiving medication-assisted treatment.
- Must complete 20 hours job related training annually.
- No more than 3% error rate in EHR striving for 0% error rate.
- Must consistently meet or exceed monthly productivity goals within the first six months of employment.
- Must be able to perform assigned work independently with minimal supervision.
- Timely and regularly complete all required documentation, reports, and other organization-related paperwork.
- Ability to function as an effective team member.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Ensure safe operating conditions within the area of responsibility.
- Must not engage in behaviors that erode the cohesiveness of the program staff.
Gateway Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gateway Community Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.