OUT PATIENT MANAGER
POSITION CONTROL NUMBERS: 0000
DEPARTMENT: ADULT OUTPATIENT SERVICES
555 STOCKTON STREET
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32204
WORK HOURS: 40 per week/Exempt
This is a professional position that is responsible for managing the adult outpatient services’ department within policy, procedure, and budgetary guidelines as well as the quality review of patient records. The incumbent supervises the outpatient staff members that provide screening, assessment, intervention, outpatient, intensive outpatient, continuing care, case management, and care coordination services as well as peer, court, and interim services. The incumbent coordinates with other administrators and staff to ensure medical and clinical needs of patients are met in a timely manner. The incumbent ensures staff coverage for all outpatient scheduled activities and facilitates these activities when needed. The incumbent provides performance evaluations as well as training staff in use of the electronic health record, daily job duties, and other training as needed. The incumbent works closely with the clinical treatment team to obtain pre-authorizations from insurance companies for treatment and assist the clinicians with the follow-up authorizations for continued patient care. The incumbent will provide review of clinical records of the outpatient staff to ensure requirements are being met with DCF licensing, CARF, Medicaid, TANF, grants and other funding sources. Incumbent will attend, provide and/or coordinate various education, training, consultation, and policy development for the program and the agency, as requested. For referrals utilizing Medicaid as payment source, the incumbent will complete Brief Behavioral Status Exams. Incumbent will participate in leadership meetings and committees (IRC, Leadership Meeting, QIC, etc.) as requested. The incumbent reports to the Director of Adult Outpatient Services and performs special projects and other agency related assignments as requested.
Masters CAP or Licensed, (LMHC, LCSW, or LMFT); 2 years’ experience in the treatment of substance use and mental health disorders and two years in a related supervisory/administrative field.
- Must have the ability to learn and use electronic health records (AVATAR)
- Must be able to pass a level II background screening
- Must have strong knowledge of confidentiality under HIPAA; maintains records security and patient confidentiality at all times
- Must be detailed oriented, have strong administrative and customer services skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team leadership and conflict resolution skills with ability to supervise 20 or more employees
- Ability to relate to adults, families, referral sources and internal Gateway Team Members and must possess requisite competencies to effectively understand and provide appropriate services to the patient population served.