LOCATION: 555 STOCKTON STREET JACKSONVILLE, FL 32204
WORK HOURS: 40 per week/Non Exempt
Responsible for the timely and accurate records for all payroll functions, preparing quarterly and year end tax reports, preparing W-2 forms at year end, preparing 1099 forms at year end, reconciling life, dental and health insurance invoices on a monthly basis.
- Ensure quality internal and external customer care and service.
- Review and process payroll time sheets by noon on payroll Tuesday.
- Enter and balance payroll time sheets with Payroll File by noon on payroll Tuesday.
- Assure payroll deductions are routed to the Accounts Payable Specialist for payment.
- Assure payroll taxes are calculated and electronically transmitted to federal and state agencies.
- Prepare and enter Direct Deposit for transmission prior to deadline imposed by current bank for crediting to employee accounts
on Wednesday night.
- Print all paychecks and direct deposit vouchers.
- Research all payroll related issues in timely manner.
- Assist in preparing payroll related tax and insurance benefit payments.
- Maintain all payroll files.
- Provide necessary documentation for annual audit.
- Assist in budget preparation as needed.
- Perform special projects and other Agency related assignments as requested.
- Process all food stamp applications on a daily basis. Process food stamp receipts on a monthly basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, higher education preferred, 3 years experience in payroll or accounting required.
- Understanding of Payroll, General ledger and Contracts.
- Must be able to perform assigned work independently with minimal supervision.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts dealing with payroll.
- Ability to communicate in English and to read and understand written English at a high school level.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to relate to internal Gateway team members, patients and outside resources.
Gateway Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gateway Community Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.