PEER NAVIGATOR SUPERVISOR (FT)
LOCATIONS: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
WORK HOURS: Varies, includes nights and weekends/Non Exempt
The mobile Peer Navigator Supervisor (PNS) provides services oversite and peer support services in the emergency department, on the hospital floor and Gateway’s detox unit. Works with the Overdose Data to Action (OD2A) patients’ and ED peers to ensure all persons presenting to participating hospitals, as overdose survivors and/or substance related disorders and/or mental health concerns are provided appropriate services to assist with recovery and wellness. The PNS ensures peer supported services are provided appropriately and consistently with those being served. The PNS will assist with outreach to engage those individuals in peer services only and those being referred to inpatient/outpatient facilities, detox facilities, and other appropriate services. The candidate will provide assessment and will take a collaborative and patient-centered approach to help patients meet their individual goals. The candidate will provide transportation to patients when appropriate, and may provide outreach in the community, including meeting with patients in their homes when needed.
Must possess at minimum a bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field with 2 years’ experience in the field of substance abuse and mental health treatment. The candidate must have the ability to engage critical thinking and have a solution-focused mindset to assisting patients with complex needs. The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to provide high levels of customer service to patients, coworkers, community providers, and stakeholders. The candidate needs strong time management skills. The candidate must be able to pass the organization’s driving test to drive a company vehicle to provide patient services in the community.
- Must be able to pass a level II DCF background screening
- Must be able to perform assigned work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to relate to adolescents, adults, families, referral sources and internal Gateway Team Members and must possess requisite competencies to effectively understand and provide appropriate services to the patient population served
- Ability to maintain positive team approach
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment under stress situations