POSITION CONTROL NUMBER: 0000
DEPARTMENT: CLIENT RECORDS
LOCATION: 555 STOCKTON STREET
WORK HOURS: 40 HOURS PER WEEK EXEMPT
Incumbent will supervise the day to day administration of the Health Information Management Department. They will ensure all processes and procedures complies with all regulatory and company policies and procedures. Incumbent must have the ability to write reports, and business correspondence. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must have the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent should have knowledge of Database software, Excel and Microsoft Office to include Outlook. Incumbent must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Incumbent will supervise one employee with duties to include but are not limited to interviewing, training, addressing employee issues, conducting performance appraisals and ensure that all required trainings are met.
Must have minimum of an Associate’s degree in related field with related experience. Must possess a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) Certification.
- Must be able to pass a level II DCF background screening
- Must be able to recognize and respond to emergencies and life threatening situations in an appropriate manner
- Ability to relate to adolescents, adults, families, referral sources and internal Gateway Team Members and must possess requisite competencies to effectively understand and provide appropriate services to the patient population served.
- Ability to maintain positive team approach
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment under stress situations