POSITION CONTROL NUMBERS: 0000, 0000
DEPARTMENT: Adult Detox
LOCATION: 555 Stockton Street
WORK HOURS: 40 hours non-exempt
The Charge Nurse is responsible for the supervision of medical services under the direction of the Director of Nursing (DON). These responsibilities include being a working team player and providing direct care medical services such as admission & discharge of patients, medication administration of patients, nursing assessments of adult and adolescent patients and providing supervision of medical assistants/techs and lab personnel during the assigned shift. The Charge Nurse is responsible for making routine day to day decisions in guiding and directing staff during the assigned shift and will consult with the DON when needed.
- Assist physicians, PA’s and ARNP’s during routine physical exams.
- Obtain necessary laboratory tests as required. Monitor lab work for accuracy in collection and timely evaluation of results.
- Monitor and ensure documentation of vital signs is completed
- Ensure all doctors’ orders are carried out and documented.
- Maintain medical records with accurate documentation of patient care.
- Record all medical referrals and requests for medical services on appropriate forms.
- Document all treatment and PRN medications.
- Check in controlled medications and other medications ordered from pharmacies.
- Triage telephone calls regarding Detoxification medical information.
- Provide emergency nursing services to residential patients.
- Maintain staff required ratios by calling in PRN nurses and techs as needed to fill unexpected vacancies
- Communicate daily with the DON about any issues that effect the operation of medical services
- Ensure compliance with Federal confidentiality rules.
- Follow Gateway Community Services Policies and Procedures.
- Perform special projects and other Agency related assignments as requested.
- Must have a current State of Florida RN License and able to work some holidays, evening, nights and weekends
- Must have excellent organizational skills, must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-tasked
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of the 12 step recovery process preferred
- Ability to bend, reach and stoop regularly during the 10 hour shift
- Bilingual a plus
- Must have own reliable transportation, traveling to other sites a probability